Midnight Hour Clothing Review & Haul

Midnight Hour


Being rather introverted, I have historically not gotten out too much. Well, I decided that maybe it was high time to pursue the things in life that make me happy, and that might entail , gasp, leaving the house. Going out use to be part of my weekly routine: record shopping, coffee, hanging out with friends and my absolute favorite pastime, concerts, and other live music events. Like everybody else, things came to a grinding halt in 2020. Well, maybe selfishly, I decided that I’m going to make it my mantra that in 2023, I’m gonna do me!






As I commenced joining the outside world again, it began to dawn on me that being locked down and over indulging in Door Dash and Hulu, had definitely taken it’s toll. I may need to invest in a couple of new articles of clothing as yoga pants outside of the gym just isn’t my style. I get it, if one can dress as if they are going to a funeral even when they are not, in the name of Goth, who am I to say that one cannot dress as though they are going to yoga class when clearly, they are not, in the name of comfort. I am all about “to each their own.” It’s simply not my style.

Well, what’s a Goth to do? In my incessant scrolling’s on Facebook, I have noticed more than a few ads for clothing. One in particular had caught my eye. There was one with a white skirt in the posting. Now white is not usually my color, however, this one had bats on it. Ooooh, bats! And mushrooms! I clicked the link and wound up on the web site “Midnight Hour.”


Now, straight up front, I could see that they were certainly on the pricey side. In fact, I put off my purchase for quite some time. But the need for some wardrobe updates and the alure of that white skirt brought me back.

After perusing the predominantly good reviews and reading their story. With their commitment to quality clothing that is made to last and mostly manufactured in Los Angeles, my home town. Coupled with the 10% first time costumer discount and rewards program, I was in.


The first item in my bag was “The” white skirt. Which I learned was called the “Dark Forest Split Skirt.” Next, I decided I needed a top to go with it, so, in the bag went the “Embroidered Snake T-shirt.” Next, I deemed it too cold to wear a skirt with nothing under it so in the bag went two pairs of leggings along side my justification that, hey, I’m getting 10% off and they are nothing like yoga pants, because yoga pants don’t go under skirts. I had room in my budget for one more item (I had been saving up for some time now.) I decided on the “Velvet Fringe Dress.” I checked out, and waited for my order to arrive.


In about a week my order came, and I hurriedly tried on my clothes. Upon my inspections, everything appeared to be in good quality and condition. I slipped on my first pair of two leggings, the “Velvet Leggings” felt comfortable, and I knew they would be a staple in my wardrobe. Next up, the “Snake Floral Legging”, again, super comfy and I really like pattern on both legs as they are not the same. The material is thick enough as to not be see through, very important to me. Both leggings are true to size in my case.


Now for the “Velvet Fringe Dress.” I really like this dress and I feel it is also going to be a new core part of my attire. It’s stretchy and cozy. I’d wear it with a pair of leggings underneath as it’s a little short for me, personally. It has a seam at the waist that gives you some definition. It would also be super cute with a belt or corset. It has a dart in the front that helps with fit should you have a bit of a larger bust. It fit me true to size.

I couldn’t wait to try on my next piece, the “Dark Forest Split Skirt.” Now, from reading the reviews, I was not surprised that it was “Dry Clean Only” or that I might want to go up a size. What I was surprised about was how soft it was. The pattern is pretty and I can spend probably more time than is normal looking at it. I was glad I went up a size. This was garment that brought me to “Midnight Hour”, and I’m so glad it did. I would buy from Midnight Hour again. I am of the “Quality over quantity “school of thought. So far, from what I see the quality is there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the 4th, more to come  ARTIST                     TITLE 1.         The Birthday Massacre Blue 2.         Snog                       Hoor...