Sam Broadcaster : DDJ-FLX4 mixer : Rock Stars & Icons : Bands in Town - March 16, 2023

Here are a few things I have to discuss! 

  • Sam Broadcaster Tech Issues
  • DDJ-FLX4 mixer
  • Rock Stars & Icons
  • Bands in Town
  • My Playlist


Sam Broadcaster Tech Issues:

My radio show seems to be going fine. Seriously, a few kinks are still there, but my trusty Engineer has me all setup, and worked out many of the problems, however Sam Broadcaster needs to give everyone who bought their product the patch for Windows 11.

If the Windows patch came , then I believe the occasional drops during broadcast would end, and I would be much more comfortable using my DDJ-FLX4 mixer as opposed to using the DJ features within Sam Broadcaster itself.

Anyway, my Engineer for years worked in software development and Greenfield projects, so he explained in “waaaay” too much detail the meeting that happen between vendors concerning updates, labs, virtual labs etc.…. He will explain server placement from here to mars. Get confuzzled!

Rock Stars & Icons:

This week I decided to do originals and the covers done by Gothic, and or industrial bands, and ask who did it better? Did the bands that covered the song make it their own, or just basically “cover” it! When you hear Cinnamon Girl, then the cover version by Type O Negative, or Gimme Shelter covered by The Sisters of Mercy, their versions sound very different than the originals (Neil young, Rolling Stones). However, with Bauhaus while their cover of Ziggy Stardust is awesome, and prefer it, it is not much different than the Bowie’s original version. I know, kill me! Listen, I am a Bauhaus, and Peter Murphy fan, and have seen them both, so no offense meant to the offended.

Well, I thought the playlist worked well, and I was asked by a listener to-do it again with another set of originals vs. covers. I know several bands have covered the Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, and Christian Death, so the search begins.

This leads to my trusty Engineer. The guy is related to just about everyone. Being Ukrainian, you would think how and the hell is he related to Bowie’s son, or James Dean. Curiously, like many people he has an English ancestor that ties him to many famous movie stars, musicians and oddly politicians! Honestly, too many to mention here. However, and as strange as it seems he is very closely related to David Bowie’s son and a little more distantly to James Dean. It’s funny because people have always said he resembled James Dean. Spooky Spooky!  Oh, and he’s related to Disney… Enough, I could go on, and on.

Well, I have some book reviews I am working on, and take a look at my Midnight Hour clothing review. I have saved enough money to start buying some new clothes!

Anyway, catch me at Wedzday’s party this week.

Ville Valo is coming to San Diego, The Mission to Los Angeles, Placebo to Los Angeles (I will miss this one), Covenant will be at Bunker and 69 Eyes will be in San Diego too!

My dance card is full……

 



 My Playlist March 16, 2023

Band                                                 Song Title 

  1. The Doors                                      People Are Strange
  2. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young         Cinnamon Girl
  3. The Rolling Stones                        Gimme Shelter
  4. The Beatles                                   Dear Prudence
  5. David Bowie                                  Ziggy Stardust
  6. Kate Bush                                      Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)
  7. Joy Division                                    Love Will Tear Us Apart
  8. Joy Division                                    Dead Souls
  9. New Order                                      Blue Monday
  10. Depeche Mode                               Personal Jesus
  11. Cocteau Twins                                Wax and Wane
  12. Depeche Mode                               Stripped
  13. Chris Isaak                                     Wicked Game
  14. Pixies                                              Where Is My Mind?
  15. Echo The Bunnymen                      People Are Strange
  16. Type O Negative                             Cinnamon Girl
  17. The Sisters Of Mercy                      Gimme Shelter
  18. Siouxsie & The Banshees               Dear Prudence
  19. Bauhaus                                          Ziggy Stardust
  20. Placebo                                           Running Up That Hill
  21. Swans                                             Love Will Tear Us Apart
  22. NIN                                                  Dead Souls
  23. Orgy                                                 Blue Monday
  24. Marilyn Manson                               Personal Jesus
  25. Deftones                                          Wax and Wane
  26. Rammstein                                      Stripped
  27. HIM                                                  Wicked Game
  28. Placebo                                            Where Is My Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the 4th, more to come  ARTIST                     TITLE 1.         The Birthday Massacre Blue 2.         Snog                       Hoor...