Yelle @ The Belasco Friday March 3rd 2023 Los Angeles (I went and it was Awesome)


I’ve been waiting for years to see Yelle, when the tickets went up for sale a few months ago, I grabbed a couple as quickly as I could, set the reminder on my phone - Friday finally came.

I have walked past the Belasco Theatre 1000’s of times, I think when I was a teenager, it was boarded up. Parking was fairly reasonable, compared to some venues, and if you use a parking app, it’s so much easier , making it hassle free. I didn’t have to go from place-to-place looking for a spot, or walk several blocks, literally, I parked right across the street . This saved my feet, I had new boots on, and seriously, they are not broke in, who needs sore feet when you are seeing Yelle?

Anyway, the staff at the  Belasco are great, I’ve never been inside of this art deco gem. The staff there are really helpful, greeting you, making sure you do not lose your license, phone, or wallet – while checking you in, they are fast, and super!

Thankfully, I bought tickets that allowed me to get in early. And for 20 extra bucks, I was able to upgrade to lounge seating. I ordered 2 cranberry malibu’s, and my designated driver, 2 diet cokes! Seriously, the whole experience was great, friendly servers, great staff, great security, just an awesome club! Belasco!

 

The opening act was a Franco-American group called Faux Real. Their music was a dance, techno, pop, big-beat influenced ; it’s hard to define really, but these guys put it to the crowd. Entering the stage all in white, they dance, entangle, dance, synchronize, tease the audience, and put on a wonderfully terrific show.

I met them afterwards, great guys, but right when I was going to buy their vinyl record, the girl in front of me bought the last one, damn her!!!!

Check out Faux Real!

Then came Yelle.

Julie Budet, the singer came out in a camel-colored trench coat, her bandmates slamming away on 2 drum sets.

The band held their own through the whole show, with few breaks other than Julie telling us to get ready for more dancing, more fun, and a quick costume change.

Favorites like Ba$$in, Complètement Fou had us all  going wild, clapping, jumping and dancing. I have trouble in boots, but Julie wore high heel shoes grooving through the whole set, impressive, most impressive….

 

I think Yelle played for close to a 1 ½ hours, the show was so much fun, the crowd happy, the band animated, Julie singing and dancing, talking to us, this is one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

 

If Yelle comes around again, do not miss them!








No comments:

Post a Comment

May the 4th, more to come  ARTIST                     TITLE 1.         The Birthday Massacre Blue 2.         Snog                       Hoor...