RodeCaster Pro: My Review

RodeCaster Pro Review – Updated!

A friend of mine mentioned I should purchase a RodeCaster, they were using one to do Podcasting, and they used the recording features to make voice recording for Fiverr, so I watched him use it, and of course, there are several videos on YouTube that explain the various features. Wow – I had to get one!



After saving for a few months, I checked a few online sources, but I decided to purchase my RodeCaster Pro at Guitar Center. The package deal included Proline Mic Stands, Sterling Mics, Sterling Headphones and they threw in some pop screens. 


Seriously, I tried to find a similar deal online, but Guitar Center’s price beat them all, and if I had purchased all this equipment separately, the price would have been terribly more expensive. 


Let me add the support was awesome from Guitar Center too! I had an issue with my drivers on Win 11, and a USB-C cable, and a reversal of some unneeded drivers corrected the issue with Microphone shutdowns that halted all sound through Sam Broadcaster (the software I use for my radio show).


Honestly, If I did not have a Radio show to broadcast there really would be no need to plug the RodeCaster Pro into my Laptop, but the call-in features eliminate echo associated with plug-n-play headsets. Running the Microphones from the RodeCaster Pro through my laptop via Sam Broadcaster has allowed for a really professional sound, much superior than connecting with a USB microphone. Also, I have avoided using the Sam Broadcaster effects, choosing instead the programable sound effects on the RodeCaster Pro. I have the ability to record my own using the RodeCaster controller, or  I have ability to drag and drop professional wav files created for the show.


Another added benefit, I’m able to record the entire show with the microSD card. It’s pretty simple to use, and  allows for editing later; either cutting content, or providing additional content for my YouTube and Podcast . Another benefit, I can develop my library.


Other great features, ability to add 4 Microphones to the RodeCaster Pro. Again, you can record without a laptop using the microSD card , recording yourself, or several guests.


It’s portable too, making it possible to interview a band in any location, any studio and the WIFI feature is awesome.










No comments:

Post a Comment

May the 4th, more to come  ARTIST                     TITLE 1.         The Birthday Massacre Blue 2.         Snog                       Hoor...