Up early an off to Orange County Record Show



Well, I was up early, and intended to get there to spend the extra money to get in, but my Cattle Dogs demanded a walking, my puppy tore up a cushion – cleanup time!

Finally, after all my starts, stops, planning, grabbing a quick snack, forgetting may bag (record carrier) I made it, found parking relatively easy. This place is packed!


Awesome , five bucks to get in, the team up front were really nice, I told them it’s my first time here, and they directed me to the tables, and even mentioned I should buy a bag to carry my purchases (see pictures). Totally necessary purchase, as I mentioned, I forgot my normal bag, not too bad! I must say again, the team greeting you at the front awesome girls!!!



Anyway, the place is packed, people, vendors tables, and records, and records everywhere.


I bought a ton of Lena Lovich singles from the first table , and against the wall was a huge selection of Punk, and rare metal. The guys at this table were really knowledgeable, and after speaking to them, they gave me a break on the price as I bought a decent batch of records. I believe one of the guys was a bother to the guy putting on the record convention. I mentioned, I was looking for Industrial, EBM and Gothic, and he pointed me to another table across the hall. I like the way all the tables I went to would point me to various vendors who had what I was looking for.


I had a budget, seriously, I wasn’t going to break it, then I got to Jesse’s table, or “Vinyl Obsessions’ LA”. I mentioned just how much I loved his collections, and what he was selling; Jesse was so nice, and went through his bins with me, pointing out where the hidden gems were . Also, he showed me some nice new releases, and we talked about our favorite bands. I recommend Jesse’s tables, usually tables 7 and 8, if you are looking for EBM, Gothic, Industrial, 80’s and new wave. He’s a friendly guy, and very helpful! I overspent, broke my budget….


I give the Orange County Record Show an A+, had an awesome time, bought many collectibles, I’m going to play them, and play them on my show.

I will be back. The Orange County Record Show is held on the last Sunday of every month.


My awesome day out.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the 4th, more to come  ARTIST                     TITLE 1.         The Birthday Massacre Blue 2.         Snog                       Hoor...